5 Questions to Ask Before Choosing Your Contractor
Finding a qualified professional for your flooring project does not have to be a difficult task. Be sure to ask these questions for an easier decision making process.
- Qualifications: Are they fully licensed and insured? You may also ask the contractor to see their certificate of insurance and confirm they carry workers compensation as well as property damage and personal liability insurance.
- Timeline: How far out are they scheduling new projects? How long do they estimate your job will take from start to finish?
- References: Can they provide referrals, photos, or a portfolio of past projects similar in scope to your project? Have they worked with the type of flooring materials you want to use?
- Costs: Ask for a written estimate for your project. You may want to learn about any financing options. Finally, do they offer warranties on their installation?
- Materials: Can you supply them with your own installation materials such as mortar, grout, and sealers? If your contractor uses their own supplies, can they ensure the quality of materials, and that they meet the required specifications of the project?
Still Have Questions?