Mapei Eco Prim Grip Bond-Promoting Primer
Size: 1gal. |
Gaithersburg's everyday low price!
Tile Floor Preparation
Commercial / Residential Use
1 Year Limited
ECO Prim Grip is a ready-to-use, low-VOC, synthetic resin-based primer with bond-promoting silica aggregates suspended in a dispersion. It enhances the performance and adhesion of mortars to existing ceramics and difficult-to-bond-to substrates. Plus, it improves bonding of self-leveling underlayment (SLUs) and bonds of render coats over cementitious substrates. Suitable for a wide variety of substrates, ECO Prim Grip combines excellent versatility with an easy, low-odor application.
- Allows grout to be changed to any UltraCare Grout Refresh color
- Ready to use gray latex, which is easy to apply with a roller or brush
- One-component, versatile primer for a wider variety of substrate conditions
- Single-coat application for faster turnaroundand lower installation costs
- Low-odor and VOC compliance- great for use in interior, occupied environments
- Provides a rough keying surface ideal for polymer-modified mortars, render coats and leveling compounds, ensuring excellent bonding on smooth or low-absorptive substrates
- Easy handling and application properties
Blogs & Videos
Customer Questions & Answers
Can this be used on plaster?
Yes, Mapei Eco Prim Grip Bond-Promoting Primer can be used on plaster, just ensure that the area is clean and dust-free prior to application.
Date published: 2021-03-12
Can I use this product as a primer for paint?
No, we do not recommend using Mapei Eco Prim grip as a primer. There will be visible aggregate once painted over.
Date published: 2020-06-01
Is this used for bonding tile over old tile floor without the removal of the old floor
Yes, Eco Prim Grip can be used for tile over tile applications. Please be sure to follow all manufacturer recommendations and TCNA guidelines.
Date published: 2020-05-25
Is eco prime grip waterproof?
No, Mapei Eco Prim Grip is not water proof. This is bond promoting for thin set mortar and a self-leveler.
Date published: 2020-05-25
Can this product be apply to Living Room wall
Yes, this can be used to install tile onto a living room wall. If you're installing a tile larger than 12x24 we recommend using a stronger backerboard to support the weight of the tile.
Date published: 2020-04-28
how mant sq ft does this cover
One gallon covers 150 to 300 square feet. Please view the data sheet under "Install & Product Documents" for more details.
Date published: 2020-03-27
Can this bond to acrylic surfaces?
Mapei Eco Prim Grip is not recommended for use on an acrylic substrate and will not be backed by the manufacturer's warranty. Please refer to the products technical data sheet under "Install & Product Documents" to see all available and approved substrate surfaces.
Date published: 2020-04-23
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 16.1.1, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 55ms
- questions, product
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE