Buy the Best Engineered Hardwood Flooring from Floor & Decor
Engineered hardwood is one of the best flooring options you can choose. Durable, easy to install, and beautiful to look at too, engineered hardwood flooring solutions can instantly enhance any room. You'll find a vast array of species and color options here at Floor & Decor, including white oak, maple, red oak, and hickory.
Engineered Hardwood Flooring for Style, Strength, and Sophistication
There are a lot of different reasons to invest in engineered wood flooring. This flooring type is crafted with a hardwood or plywood core, with a layer of hardwood veneer attached to the top. It's highly resistant and able to stand up to moisture and heat, so you can rely on quality engineered hardwood floors to last for many years.
Get the Best Prices on Engineered Hardwood Floors with Floor & Decor
If you're shopping for engineered hardwood flooring, Floor & Decor is the place to be. As an industry leader with years of experience and an enormous selection of flooring products, we can provide everything you need to get engineered hardwood floors in your home.
- A massive range of colors and styles
- Choose from brushed oak hardwood, distressed hardwood, and other engineered hardwood flooring types
- The best prices on every product
- Full customization in size and style to suit your desires
- Peerless customer service for in-store and online orders
Engineered Hardwood Frequently Asked Questions
What is engineered hardwood flooring?
Engineered hardwood flooring looks almost identical to solid wood, but the way it is manufactured offers premium durability at an affordable price. Instead of a single wood plank, engineered wood flooring is made of a high-quality plywood core with a thinner layer of wood on top. This allows engineered hardwood to display the beauty of its species while leveraging the cost-effectiveness and added strength brought by its design.
Is solid or engineered hardwood better?
Whether engineered or solid hardwood flooring is the better option for your home is dependent upon several factors. Engineered hardwood flooring is better for moist environments than solid hardwood, making it the best option for kitchens, bathrooms, mudrooms, and basements. Because of engineered hardwood’s improved water resistance, it also offers simpler maintenance than solid wood flooring, as you can use a wet mop to clean its surface. However, engineered hardwood floors cannot be restained over time, meaning solid wood has a longer lifespan. That being said, engineered hardwood is best suited for homes where durability is of primary concern, such as those with small children and animals, or in high-traffic areas such as kitchens or basements.
What are the advantages of engineered hardwood flooring?
When compared to other flooring options, engineered hardwood floors offer the following advantages:
- Affordability: Engineered hardwood flooring falls on the lower end of the wood flooring price scale, typically ranging from $4–$10 per square foot depending on thickness and species.
- Moisture-resistant: Although standard engineered hardwood isn’t waterproof, it does boast excellent water resistance, making it a better choice for moist environments such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- Easy to maintain: Engineered wood floors simply need regular sweeping or gentle vacuuming to maintain, and may occasionally be mopped with a wet mop and neutral cleaner to restore shine to their surface.
- Quick installation: The click-and-lock system offered by engineered wood flooring allows for a quick and easy installation.