YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Floor & Decor respects the privacy of customers and visitors to our website, which may be accessed at flooranddecor.com or fdcommercial.com and are governed by the Terms & Conditions.This policy describes how Floor & Decor collects, uses, and shares personal information.
For purposes of this policy, our website includes by definition, any web pages, interactive features, applications, widgets, blogs, social networks, social network “tabs,” or other online or wireless offerings that post a link to this policy, whether accessed via computer, mobile device or other technology, manner or means.
While offering our website users the advantages and convenience of web-based technologies, we also strive to employ practices that ensure information collected about our customers and visitors is used conscientiously and appropriately.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ON FLOOR & DECOR’S WEBSITE?
We collect personal information such as your contact information (e.g., name, e-mail address, mailing address) and billing/shipping information (e.g., payment card number, shipping address). When submitting personal information on an online form, we will identify which fields are required in order to fulfill your request. Additionally, our web server automatically collects click-stream information such as the address (or "URL") of the website that you came from before visiting our site, which pages you visit on our site, which browser you used to view our site and any search terms you have entered on our website.
While shopping or visiting our website, we may ask that you provide certain information. For example, we request personal information when you purchase products or services, sign up for our newsletter, participate in a contest or survey, contact Floor & Decor with a question or concern or apply for employment with Floor & Decor. When you apply for employment, we ask for your job interests, background and resume information, in order to process your application. Floor & Decor may also use third party providers of customer information to improve the accuracy and completeness of our customer database, to increase our understanding of our customers and to identify potential customers.
HOW DOES FLOOR & DECOR USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We use the information you provide in order to fulfill requests for products, services or information; personalize your shopping experience by using your purchases to shape our recommendations about the merchandise that might be of interest to you; transmit your data to third party service providers; administer sweepstakes or promotions; tailor advertising efforts; measure and improve the effectiveness of our website, our marketing endeavors or our products or services; tailor our online or in-store offerings to your preferences; administer surveys; and send marketing communications from us or third parties in which we feel you may be interested in or for other business purposes.
HOW DOES FLOOR & DECOR PROTECT CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
While we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive personal information collected on our website, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
DOES FLOOR & DECOR USE "COOKIES" AND OTHER TRACKING TOOLS?
We use technologies on our website to prevent fraud, improve security, assess website performance, deliver content to you that is relevant to what you view on our website and elsewhere on the web, and provide you with enhanced functionality.
A pixel tag (also known as a "clear GIF" or "web beacon") is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our emails or seen one of our web pages.
Our website may also use other technologies to track which pages on our website our visitors view. This non-identifiable click-stream data helps us understand how visitors use our website. Our web server automatically collects the address of the website that you came from before visiting our website, which browser you used to view our site and any search terms you have entered on our site. Among other things, this information enables Google to generate analytics reports on the usage of our website. To opt-out of your Site usage being included in our Google analytics reports, you may follow these instructions. In addition to Google Analytics, you may have opted into other Google features or applications which interact with our website, such as Google signals, which may associate our or third-party website data to location based analytics. Subject to your permissions with Google, we may have access to and use such analytics to better serve you marketing, enhance our website or identify store location nearest to you. You may access, manage and/or delete this information with Google by visiting https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity. Our website (including our mobile site and application) may use location-based services to verify your location, deliver you relevant content and/or advertising based on your location, as well as to share your location with our service providers as part of the location-based services we offer. Further, we or our service providers may use your location information to display our nearest store location to you.
Our “Pro App” may also use location information, including your current location, to allow us to recognize when you have entered one of our stores and to provide certain in-store features or services to you. For example, we may use your location information to recognize that you are in a particular store so that you can notify us that you would like a pickup an order. Before location information can be used for these purposes, you must first opt-in to activate these location-based services within the app. If you enable location-based services in the app, we will automatically collect and may store location information and the MAC address or device ID from your mobile device. We also may aggregate this information, but this information will only be used for our internal purposes and to provide information requested by you. If you do not wish for us to collect and store this information, you may disable location-based services in the app. The use of location based services in the app may also impact the battery life of your phone or device.
The above tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and relate your website usage information to other information about you, including your personal information.
We also contract with a third-party advertising partner to serve ads on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on this site. They will collect and use anonymous information about your visits to and interactions with our website and other websites through the use of technologies such as cookies to personalize advertisements for goods and services. To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving advertisements tailored to your interests by participating partners, visit the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices and Aboutads.info at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Opting out will not in any way affect your use of our site. Our website does not honor web browser do-not-track settings. Instead, to opt-out of behavioral advertising, follow the instructions above.
WILL FLOOR & DECOR DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, in connection with a merger or acquisition, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public. Some of our websites may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publically available.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, tailor marketing and advertising efforts, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
Also, Floor & Decor may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will not include your name or contact information.
WHAT ARE THE INFORMATION POLICIES OF DATA COLLECTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AND FEATURES?
HOW MAY CUSTOMERS REVIEW THEIR INFORMATION OR REQUEST A CHANGE OF INFORMATION?
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. For example, California residents may be entitled to object, or opt-out, of having their information sold to third parties. If you are a California resident and would like to opt-out of having your information sold, please visit the following link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise any of their rights described in this policy.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Handling of Requests. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to access your data, delete your data, or revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, email and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to these requests within thirty (30) days. Requests that come by other means may result in a delayed response.
HOW DO I CONTACT FLOOR & DECOR?
Please visit our Customer Service Center, https://www.flooranddecor.com/contact
Effective Date: July 11, 2019