What are the different textures for stone tiles?
The look and feel of natural stones vary and we provide a wide selection to match your style and project needs.
Below is a list of the common textures for stone tiles.
- Honed: Smooth texture and finish, provides a flat to low sheen gloss. Honed tiles may have a porous appearance.
- Honed & Filled: Smooth finish and low sheen, the small pores in honed tile are filled with cement or a clear sealant for a level surface.
- Polished: This finish is smooth and glossy and not very porous.
- Tumbled: A slightly rough texture achieved by tumbling the tile alongside an abrasive grit to showcase an archaic, worn appearance
- Brushed: This surface texture is achieved by gently brushing the stone’s surface until it becomes textured and appears worn in. Brushed finish is more porous than polished stone.
Still Have Questions?