Can I refinish my wood flooring?
Yes, depending on the floor you have selected. It is always best to consult an industry professional to discuss your options. Typically, there are two types of finishing services:
- Full Refinish - change of color or texture and a new surface treatment
- Resurfacing - removal of existing finish and a recoating, but the color remains the same
When considering a refinish of the floor you must first consider certain specifications about your floor.
- Do I have a solid or engineered floor?
- Solid floors can be refinished multiple times, but it is important to know how many times this has already been done before beginning.
- Engineered floors cannot all be refinished, it depends on the thickness of the face veneer. If you are unsure about the thickness of your veneer layer consult your original product specifications from the installation and warranty documents or consult an Industry Professional.
- Bamboo floors can be resurfaced, but not refinished.