Materials You Need from Start to Finish
P.E.I. rating measures Tile design durability from 1-5:
- P.E.I. of 3 & above is suitable for home use
- P.E.I. of 5 is suitable for commercial & high traffic areas
The Dynamic Coefficient of Friction is a rating of the slip resistance of a floor. It is a measurement of how much friction there is on a floor when walked upon. The higher the number, the more slip resistant.>=.42
• Non-vitreous: High absorption (more than 7% of water absorbed) - Not recommended for outdoor use or rooms with a lot of moisture. • Semi-vitreous: Moderate absorption (3%-7% water absorbed) - Not recommended for outdoor rooms or wet rooms. • Vitreous: Low absorption (0.5%-3% water absorbed) - Approved for outdoor use and wet rooms. • Impervious: Lowest absorption rate (less than 0.5% water absorbed) - Approved for all interior and exterior installations.Less than 0.50 percent
Edge-style affects both appearance & ease of installation like:
- Pressed (rounded edge)
- Chiseled (rustic look)
- Rectified (straight edge/smallest grout line)
We have options of Tile to match your style. Choose from: Linen, Contemporary, Rectangular, Polished, Slate, Pattern, Stone Look & Wood Look.Fabric Look
- Through-body: The pattern or color is permeated throughout the entire body of the tile, thus reducing the visibility of dents and chips.
- Color-body: The body features the most predominate color found in the tile, and the surface showcases the pattern and color.
- Double-loaded: Porcelain tile that is produced with two layers of porcelain pressed together before it’s fired in the kiln.
- Standard Body: The raw material used to create this tile is not colored to match the graphics on the surface of the Tile. The body color of the material is indicative of the country of origin’s raw materials.
Waterproof and water-resistant designations refer to the product’s ability to withstand moisture and spills. Waterproof or water-resistant tile is suitable for all rooms in the house including kitchens, basements, and bathrooms. Some tile requires sealing during the installation process in order to withstand exposure to water. All tile must be installed properly for these conditions to be met.Waterproof
Tile's ability to withstand freeze-thaw cycles when directly exposed to the elements.Frost Resistant
Print quality on Tile varies from:
- Ink Jet (highest definition/most realistic)
- Roto Color (better quality/realistic)
- Screen Printing (good quality/each tile is identical with no variation)
50% more slip resistant tiles give a result of 0.63 or greater for the Dynamic Coefficient of Friction (DCOF) test. The most common industry reference for the DCOF test is to 0.42 as the ANSI standard for use on wet surfaces. This tile has a DCOF 50% greater than this standard.Yes
Tile is a strong and reliable option for anywhere in the home. See the PEI rating for the exact level of durability and hardness.Yes
Direct from the four corners of the globe to bring better products & prices to you.Spain
The recommended grout line thickness for best results in a tile installation.1/8, 3/16, 3/8, or 1/4
The surface for which the product can be installed upon. The surface should be clean, stable, and meet installation and warranty guidelines prior to installation.Floor/Wall
Able to be submersed in water and suitable for both saltwater and chlorine poolsPool Interiors
No need for demolition, as this product can be easily installed over existing tile and subfloors.No
This states whether a product is compatible for use with radiant heat kits. See installation instructions and warranty for more details.Yes
Light Residential: Suitable for wall applications or areas with light foot traffic such as powder rooms or guest rooms.
• Comparable to PEI 1 & 2
All Residential / Light Commercial: Suitable for use in regularly trafficked residential areas such as kitchens, hallways, bedrooms, and laundry rooms. Light commercial areas with limited traffic, such as offices and retail shops, are acceptable.
• Comparable to PEI 3
All Residential / All Commercial: Suitable for use in heavily trafficked residential and commercial areas, such as foyers, living rooms, lobbies, hospitals, and airports.
• Comparable to PEI 4 & 5All Residential/ Light Commercial
This black Opal Black Caiman Porcelain Tile is 11 x 13 with matte finish.
Pressed tiles require more prominent grout lines, and the rounded edges allow for a smoother transition.
PEI measures a tile's durability and ability to withstand foot traffic, on a scale of 1-5. This tile, rated at 3 PEI, can be used on all indoor wall applications, all interior countertop applications and all residential interior floors. This tile should not be used in commercial applications.
This product can be installed on a shower wall.
This tile is 50% more slip resistant when compared to ordinary tile that has a DCOF less than or equal to 0.42
This product can be installed on a shower floor.
This tile has inkjet print quality, which produces a high definition image that thoroughly covers the tile and results in a natural, authentic look.
Getthe look of fabric with these ceramic and porcelain tiles. These high-density tiles come in a variety of looks including linen, polished, and matte and either a smooth or textured finish.